First of all I want to say thanks to all of those who decided to take the challenge. When Amy and I started talking about this we never thought we would get 30 people to do this with us. Second, I'm guessing we all have different reasons/goals in mind for participating. With that said I wanted to address some things.
Q: Can I get half a point for 15 minutes of exercise?
A: Nope, full points only, gotta get that full half hour in.
Q: What is a full glass?
A: I'm thinking we should be getting at least 70oz of water.
Q: If I cheat can I have more then one treat?
A: Heck yes. You already lost your point. Eat away.
Q: What if we have a tie with points in the end?
A: Please keep track of your free cheat day, I know its a free point but it may have to break a tie if someone only cheats once or twice.
Q: Would you like to add an extra point for 7 hours of sleep?
A: PLEASE COMMENT ON THIS, I'm not going to add an extra point without consulting you guys.
There have also been quite a few concerns about what is/isn't healthy. I was pretty concerned for a couple days about all of the questions. My husband was also giving me a hard time about how to track stuff. We are all busy people. I wanted to do this as a way to help myself get motivated. Not all of us have the time to be checking in with someone or logging our food somewhere everyday. I don't want to make this overly hard. You know what works for you and we are getting posts from a few of you with healthy recipes that are great. In the end I hope that the changes you make in your diet work for YOU. I hope they help YOU reach your goals. Feel better about yourself. Make your family healthier. Whatever it is YOU were looking for when YOU signed up for this. So...keep posting to help others make healthy choices. See my picture, this is about YOU. I am not going to hover over you like a crazy person (I only do that to myself), we are all adults who can make our own choices. I hope you are all ok with that.
Gift Certificates
Like I said, more people signed up then we thought. We originally were thinking we'd get about 10 people and we would maybe do one or two $5 gift certificates. We have 30 people that have paid. If you do the math that is $620!! We asked for comments on what to do, here are a few.
*Visa Gift Cards came up. Great idea. If you would rather have cash please chime in. But, I will not go buy gift cards. I will simply hand you some cash. I'm a busy mom too.
Would you rather have two winners a week @ $10 each or one winner? (Leaving the rest of the money for the pot in the end.) This is your money so I would really like your input. Even if we do 2 winners a week there will still be $500 for the end winners. What do you think?
Also, once you win a gift certificate should you be able to win again?
Remember, to be eligible you have to get at least 8 points each day for the week.
I hope I have addressed everything I have been asked about. Please comment on here for all to jump on and see. The majority will decide on some of these questions. If you don't comment your voice can't be heard and then you might not like the answers.
Honestly I'm cool with whatever. I think a gift certificate a week is fine, but that sounds like a lot of work for you.
ReplyDeleteI'm working my hardest for me, but I honestly don't plan on winning anything (week or overall). BUT if for some crazy reason I do I'd rather have the money at the end, and/or a gift-certificate for the week...but the GC would have to be to a place in Cali too :)
Also, adding a point for sleep sounds good...I need some motivation for that. But again, whatever works for me.
I just re-read my post. At the end I wrote "whatever works for me"...oopsie. I meant to write "whatever works for everyone" I'm cool with the sleep point either way.
DeleteHoly Cow!
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize it would be that much money!! I'd better get my act in gear.
As far as the sleep?? Sure, add it, cause I always get that much sleep...not a problem for me.
OK.. that one is too easy for me. I'm a sleep-aholic.
Actually, this is giving me motivation. Thanks for putting it together.
I think Sleep should go under the personal goal section. That's just me. Also, these recipes are great ideas. I REALLY appreciate this challenge. I am totally dedicated and feel so good about my eating. It's awesome! I really don't care about how you do the winnings. It would be fun to see weekly winners, just to keep us motivated, but it would also be fun to have the winnings in the end be big too. If you can do both, I say go for it!
ReplyDeleteHi So Sleep is easy for me so let's go ahead and add that point. Also, on the definition of the word healthy, i think we are all pretty smart. Im sort of working off my weight watchers model. 5-7 vegis and fruits a day and balance my plate. So if I have one piece of thin pizza and a huge non dressed salad i feel okay calling that healthy as long as I didn't blow my calories at lunch. Is that ok with other people? I look for non-processed food as much as possible and try to utilize my whole grains.
ReplyDeleteWhat do you think about making the sugar point available for soda? I'm okay without sugar, but It is totaly unbelievable that I have only had one diet coke the whole week. It might be too hard to switch rules now that we have started.
And hey, cash is always fun.
Since I am a blog idiot I am just adding my two cents under your comments, thanks for all your amazing work on this and pulling it all together. – Kristie
ReplyDeleteSounds Good
I am fine going with 70 oz going forward but I know a couple of us thought 64 ounces was 8 glasses of water. I would normally just take the points off and not say anything but since I have been getting up every night to pee I hate missing the sleep and a point :). That being said if you decide it should have been 70 I will go back and fix it.
So who wants to meet me at a cheesecake buffet for cheat day?
Great idea.
Ha Ha, if we add this one I am going to have to either cut out the water point or the sleep one. Seriously though, if there are some people will young kids who still wake up at night this probably isn't fair to add at this point for them, just my thoughts.
Totally agree with this, you don't have time to police.
I think just giving cash is great so you don't have to worry about GC. I also kind of like the idea of not being able to win twice so that people don't lose motivation, we want everyone to stick in this for their health :).
That's it and everyone feel free to disagree. I am happy with any group consensus. - K
Chelsa sent me an email that said 64 oz is fine. She was just throwing out a number. We are both named Cristy (Kristie) so she must have meant it for you.
DeleteI think good sleep goes hand in hand with good health. It is all a balancing act. Sleep, eat, exercise etc. So i like the point. But I don't think any penalty for getting up for peeing/kids/baby etc. No one can control that. :)
ReplyDeleteI also like the multiple prizes for the weekly drawing. How about getting all the GC from a couple places and let the 'winner' choose? Saves time for Chelsa but still fun to win something. The over all prize money could be in cash. Lets face it, I could probably spend $200 at orange leaf, but then this challenge would be for naught!
Dela
I think if we have ties in the end Then we just flip for it and one gets first, one gets second. If it's a tie for 3rd then they split the money. I just don't want to have to worry about giving up my cheat meal/sugar for the week, it might make me crazy. When it comes down to it it's all extra points anyway and could still end in a tie. I Like gc's And 2 winners a week. I think you should always be able to win if u get your points so you can stay motivated.
ReplyDeleteI agree that the sleep should be a personal goal rather than a point thing. Now that I'm getting up at 5:30am to workout, the 7-8 hours of sleep thing is definitely not happening :)
ReplyDeleteSorry~ that was Michelle that posted^^
DeleteI think the sleep point sounds great. I think going to bed in time for an anticipated 8 hours of sleep should earn the point. kids, potty breaks, etc don't count against that. No TV or technology in the middle of the night. But I think using that as the personal goal would work just great as well.
ReplyDeleteWhat about a free point for no exercise one day a week for those of us who don't exercise on Sunday? Just a thought.
ReplyDeletecan we remove the security image thing where we have to type what we see? I can't reply to posts on my droid because of it.
ReplyDelete