Friday, October 12, 2012

Lime Chicken Soft Tacos

1 1/2 lbs chicken breast; sliced
1/8 cup vinegar or red wine vinegar
1/2 cup lime juice
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 green onions; chopped
2 cloves garlic; minced
1 tsp oregano
tortillas
toppings

Saute chicken till cooked through. Add vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, onios, garlic and oregano. Simmer about 10 mintues. I also added about 1/3 of a diced jalepeno for more 'heat' while it was simmering. Then I shredded the chicken a little more. Serve in tortillas with tomatoes/salsa, lettuce, monterey cheese etc.

I ate this without the tortilla and made it into a taco salad. I didn't even need dressing because the flavor of the chicken was so good. A couple of my kids said they like the 'regular' tacos better but these were good too. :)

~Dela

No comments:

Post a Comment