Monday, October 1, 2012

Okay, I got it figured out, here is the email I sent now on the blog. :)

My take on a healthy meal is something that consists of whole foods. I think we can all figure out breakfast and lunch pretty easy but dinners might be tough. I would say stuff with all the extras like sour cream, cream cheese, a lot of cheese, processed foods, butter, oil,is obviously not healthy. An all pasta dish is not healthy. I would say you need mainly protein and vegetables with each meal. Getting at least 5 or 6 fruits and veggies a day. 

I though I'd share my lunch today, I would love if people would share ideas of meals, it's always interesting and helpful to see what others eat so you don't get stuck in a rut.

Egg avocado salad sandwich

2 boiled eggs
1/4-1/2 of an avocado
1 T Greek yogurt 
Dash of salt and pepper
1/2 t curry seasoning (optional)

Mix all together (I like to mix the eggs first then add diced avacodos to keep them more chunky) serve open face on a piece of whole wheat toast or tortilla. 

Add a fruit or veggie for a side and you're complete.

-Nikki 

1 comment:

  1. Nikki, I made this today for lunch and it was delish!!! Thanks! I can't wait to make it again!

    ReplyDelete