Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Healthy

I just wanted to post my idea of healthy.  Yesterday I used the five meal plan that I posted below.  I obviously do not eat like this all the time or I wouldn't have put this little challenge together.  I eat like this when I am on my "crazy".  I've said it before, I'm either really crazy when it comes to exercise and eating or I'm really lazy.  I was really lazy over the summer.  So here goes.

Breakfast:
Doterra Trim Shake    1 scoop    125 calories of protein
Strawberries    1 cup    50 calories of fruit
Egg Whites    4 whites    68 calories of protein
Honey Whole Wheat Bread    1 slice    120 calories of carbs
Honey    1 tsp    15 calories of filler :)

Lunch:
Chunk Light Tuna    7 oz    175 calories of protein
Romaine Lettuce    3 cups    23 calories of veggie
Black Beans    2/3 cup    160 calories of carbs
Homemade Salsa    2 tbsp    instead of dressing

Dinner:
Fresh Grilled Salmon    6 oz    366 calories  (I needed more calories)
Beets    1.5 cups    112 calories of veggies

Snacks:
Almonds    10    100 calories of protien
Grapes    1/2 cup    52 calories of fruit

                  String Cheese    2    160 calories of protein          

Total Calories 1526   

 I loved the beginning of Nikki's post.  It was perfect.  Whole foods and fresh foods are great.  Dressings, butters and sauces are fillers with tons of fat.  They are not included in the "healthy".  I use salsa in place of them when I can.  If you really need them try to go low fat.  Hopefully we have all found a calorie amount to stick to so that we know what we are eating.  I've got another post I need to put together by tomorrow with some other questions and concerns.  I will also fix the meal plan pictures by tonight.  Hope everyone is doing good and feeling great.

Chelsa

1 comment:

  1. I like your tuna salad lunch, I'll have to try that! Mark left our beets outside and they got soft. :(

    ReplyDelete