Hi Ladies,
Welcome to the Healthy Habits Challenge. We are excited about how many of you decided to take the challenge and we are ready to get started.
Here is the point break down:
1. 1 point for a healthy breakfast
2. 1 point for a healthy lunch
3. 1 point for a healthy dinner
4. 1 point for 2 healthy snacks
5. 1 point for 8 glasses of water
6. 1 point for no soda
7. 1 point for no sugar
8. 1 point for each 1/2 hour of exercise (2 hour limit)
9. 1 point for not eating after 8:00pm
10. 1 point for a personal/spiritual goal of your choice
So the max points you can get for any one day is 13.
Other rules include:
Each week we will do a drawing for a gift certificate. To be included in the drawing you will need to have at least 8 points per day, 56 for the week. If you don't turn your points in you will not be entered into the drawing. I will post the results of the drawing and drop of the certificate
You will get one cheat day each week for sugar or soda. You have to choose. You don't get both. That means you will get the point for that day.
You get one cheat meal each week. We all need to go out once and awhile.
No fast food. Like we mentioned before, this means junk, pizza, burgers, burritos smothered in cheese and sauce etc. If you need a salad or a sandwich while your out shopping just make sure its around 400 calories. If you think it "might" be healthy but you're not sure, check online. Most places now days will tell you calories anyway.
Extra Stuff:
At the end of each week, so Sunday evening or sometime Monday, you will need to text or email me the amount of points you got for each week. I don't care about categories just give me the final number and I will post it on a spreadsheet. Then I will run the drawing and also post the standings on this blog so we can all see where we stand and if we need to step it up or not. :)
Instead of making copies of the meal stuff I have I am going to post it for all to see.
Please feel free to comment and or post any grand ideas and or motivational stuff on this blog at any time.
I will also be posting some meal plans and other ideas that I have used in the past. Some of you have asked how you would now if you are eating healthy. This will help.
Here is a link where I found some snack ideas. This is where I struggle the most.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/103-healthy-snack-recipe-ideas
Jen Chandler